Saturday, September 3, 2011

Finally! Faburrito: Fresh Mexican Grill

One of my bosses had been conceptualizing about opening a Mexican restaurant—or how we used to refer to it, the “burrito place”—a little over two years ago. A few days ago, it finally opened. Needless to say, we had to be there on the first day they officially opened.

The rest of the review after the jump!

























you go from right to left, choosing ingredients you want in your order
choices of salsas
I chose fresh salsa for my burrito, because I am not usually adventurous when it comes to certain types of food. But Erik and I were chatting and he recommended the mango salsa. And personally, I think I found a new favorite. Haha. Also, I was told that onion salsa had the cumin. No wonder I felt something was missing in my burrito. I think I'll try that one next time.

I liked the balsamic vinaigrette the most

my order of burrito made in front of me

Humongous burrito. 
It doesn't look as big in the photo, but the burrito was fat and big. The beef was, I think, medium well done and the mango salsa complemented everything.

The mango salsa was the best thing that ever happened to this burrito. Haha
Four tacos, four kinds of dressing, three types of meat
The thing I love about the tacos is you can totally go crazy about what you want in it. There are a lot of choices of dressings and meat, so if you want to try it all, you can. Go crazy! Chicken with pineapple coulis. Peppered pork with balsamic vinaigrette. Beef with cucumber yogurt and a little bit of their habanero sauce. For vegetarians you can opt for the fajita vegetables in your tacos instead of meat.

I think this was the peppered pork

Happy with her tacos and mint green tea
If you're going on a date and you're afraid that eating a burrito will make you look inelegant, burrito box is a good option haha. 
The burrito box is basically the same ingredients in a burrito, just not wrapped in tortilla. Like I said, if you want a hassle-free meal, you can opt for this. But where's the fun in that, right?

Pa-demure burrito. With balsamic vinaigrette
Her burrito box
After finishing our meals
It was a good meal. Filling, but would not leave you feeling like a gluttonous pig. Haha. I am not sure though if the sauces and salsa requests are free. Would be great though it it is. :)

Erik joining us and chatting with us upstairs

Proud owner, Mr. Earl Chua. :)
Faburrito is located at The Columns in Buendia corner Ayala Ave.

P.S.
Sorry for the crappy quality of photos. I had only my point and shoot and it was already running low on battery. 

1 comment: