Saturday, January 14, 2012

Homemade Mojos Recipe

A few weeks ago my brother requested that we make some mojos, but I was able to try it out only today. I just experimented on what to put (haha) and fortunately it ended up okay. The latter batches were a little more salty because I put more garlic powder than breading mix. So don’t make the same mistake I did. Lol.





Click Read More for my homemade mojos recipe:
3 medium-sized potatoes, sliced thinly
1 egg, beaten
1 pack Crispy Fry garlic breading mix
1 tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp thyme

Combine all the dry ingredients. Dip the potatoes in beaten egg then cover with the breading mix. One thing you can do to make the preparation process faster is to use one hand for dipping in the egg, and the other for covering the potatoes with the breading mix. That way, you won’t mix the wet with the dry and you won’t have the gooey stuff in both your hands. Also it makes everything faster, I swear.

Another tip to make the mojos crispy on the outside but soft on the inside (and cooked all the way through) is to have really hot oil. Don’t turn the heat low when you put in the potatoes, which must be completely submerged in hot oil. It takes about a minute for the potatoes to cook, or until they are golden brown.

For the garlic mayo dip, I combined just that—mayo and minced garlic. I also added a dash of garlic powder just to add to the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment