Monday, July 11, 2011

Homemade Hamburgers Recipe

I was finally able to make homemade hamburger patties today. I love a really good grilled hamburger—that’s why I love Wham! Burgers so much. I also like my burgers simple. Just some lettuce, a slice of tomato or two, and a little ketchup and mustard and I’m all good! I hate putting mayonnaise and cheddar cheese on my burger because it ruins the whole experience, especially if the patties are grilled. They have so much flavor already that you really don’t need to add a lot.

Anyhoooo, I already tried making some homemade patties last night but I wasn’t able to take pictures and document the process. Tonight, I made sure to take pictures because I’m featuring the recipe and giving instructions on how to make them. So if you want to start making your own homemade burger patties, check out the recipe after the jump! :)





Ingredients:
1 kilo ground beef
2tsps paprika
2tsps chili powder
2tsps BBQ powder
2tsps onion powder
2tsps ground black pepper
2tsps salt
3tsps spring onions, finely chopped
2tsps garlic, finely chopped
2tsps onion, finely chopped

*these measurements are not final. You can adjust how much paprika, pepper, chili powder, or even garlic and onion to put depending on how spicy or garlicky you want your patties to taste.

Instructions

1.Mix all the ingredients in one bowl and mix with your hands. Don’t forget to wash your hands first!
It looks so pretty. LOL
After you mix it all together...
2.Get some of the mixture and roll into a ball before flattening it with your hands. Make sure it’s not too flattened and it isn’t too small because patties tend to shrink when cooked
If you want to put the patties in the fridge, stack them in a plate, with a sheet of plastic separating each patty
Not too thick, not too thin..
3.Grill or fry to perfection! Haha. Don't use too much oil because the beef will release its own oil, which is more flavorful

Enjoy your burger! :)

1 comment: