Sunday, July 3, 2011

Potato Croquettes on a Sunday

I love potatoes. I love them mashed, fried or grilled. Croquettes are very fun to eat because you bite into the initial crisp then get a wonderful surprise of oozing cheese and bacon.

The success of the potato croquettes I did last year was probably a big reason why I was encouraged to experiment and cook more. It was a bit tricky to do at first. I had to try three times before I was able to achieve the right texture of the potatoes so I could close them up and shape them into patties.

For this version of croquettes, I used bacon to fill the potatoes because I love the flavor of smoked bacon. It’s so tasty and you don’t need to add a lot to season the croquettes. I also like potato skins so I didn’t peel my potatoes here but I made sure that I washed and scrubbed them really well.

A dip that goes well with croquettes is roasted garlic mayo—similar to the one they have at Wham! Burgers. If you want to make something similar, all you have to do is put some garlic powder in your mayo and whip it until everything blends well. I’m usually not a fan of mayo, especially on burgers and sandwiches, but when consumed in moderation and used only as dip (especially with garlic), it’s tolerable I guess.

So for others who love potatoes and want to try something new, try making potato croquettes.

Best nomnom way:

It’s great with ice cold soda and while watching UFC on a Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment